Please Enable JavaScript!
We have detected that your JavaScript has been disabled. By disabling JavaScript, some features on the website will not work correctly. Please enable it by going to the settings or options on your internet web browser.
We Use Cookies!
In order to offer the best user experience possible, we use cookies which store information on your computer. You can find out more information on how we use cookies on our Cookie Policy page, either by clicking the purple 'Find Out More' button or the 'Cookie Policy' link in the bottom footer.

Do you accept our cookie policy?
YesNoFind Out More
Media licensing

Music licensing requirements

On 1 January 2012 PPL (Phonographic Performance Ltd) and PRS (Performing Rights Society), who represent the interests of different music copyright holders, launched a joint licence scheme.

Music licensing affects all premises owned or used by Scouting where music is played in a public place i.e. other than in a domestic setting which includes community buildings.

Motion picture licensing

Motion pictures and other audiovisual works including movies, TV programmes, or any entertainment video by means of DVD, Blu-ray, video cassette or similar that are available for rental or purchase are intended for personal, home use only.

Staged Performances: legal licensing requirements

Guidelines on legal licensing requirements that every staged performance organiser should be aware of, with regards to young people taking part in performances and the licences required. This includes the playing of recording music.

Data protection and Scouting

The Data Protection Act 1998 governs the collection, recording, storage, use and disclosure of personal data, whether such data is held electronically or in manual form. Young people have the same rights as adults under the Act, and the impact on Scouting is addressed in the factsheet.

‹‹ Back

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *