Emlyn Camping Competition 22- 24 Sept 2017, Lyons Copse
A weekend Patrol Camp planned and run by the Patrol as part of a camping competition with other Patrols from across the County.
Please speak to your ADC Scouts about how to enter a Patrol and to have access to the full instructions for the weekend..
Theme: A weekend Patrol Standing Camp with a series of inter-patrol challenges.
Programme: Each Patrol to devise and run their own programme for the weekend to be based on the Scout Training Scheme. This must be coordinated with the set times on the Emlyn Timetable. Patrols create their own menu and cook it.
Equipment: Patrols to bring all their own equipment and food.
- Competition: Throughout the weekend the Patrols are judged on the following areas
- Setting up – team work, leadership etc
- Conduct – prompt arrival at flag break and PL meetings, safe and tidy site
- Site – layout, safety and general impression, progress with setting up the whole site (Saturday morning) and taking down altar fires and wood piles (Sunday morning)
- Tents – quality of pitching, suitability for use, used as intended (ventilated, brailed etc)
- Storage – kitchen equipment, food personal kit and camping equipment
Troops please only book to enter the Competition through your ADC Scouts.